Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Life is Good....Soak It Up

I have come to realize that life can be so short, and that we need to soak up every moment we can with our loved ones. Of course I already knew this but the last couple of months it has really hit me. I had a rough couple of months with health issues. I started having dizzy spells and after one of the dizzy spells I realized that I had a VERY low heart rate. It rests in the low 40s to 50. While this can be normal for professional athletes, I can assure you it's not because I'm in as good of shape as one =) I also have had a constant headache since about a month after Landen was born. I have had a bunch of tests done and they didn't really find anything wrong other than confirming that I do in fact, have low heart rate. Luckily for now nothing needs to be done. If I continue to have dizzy spells, or if it gets lower and I pass out then they will consider treating it. But the only way to permanently treat it is to put a pacemaker in. Nothing like being told at the age of 25 that a pacemaker could be a future possibility. Yikes! It's not likely it will come to that though. Thank goodness! So for now I just deal with a constant headache (fun right?) and I have an extremely slow resting  heart rate, which the doctor said could be a good thing because then it won't wear out as fast =) I realize that life so far has gone by so fast, and I'm trying more to live in the moment rather than wanting time to go by faster. I'm trying to enjoy my kiddos at the age they are more, even tho a lot of days can be a challenge. I am taking the time to soak it all in! Enjoy the little moments in day to day life, and make every day a good one! We are responsible for whether we have a good day or bad one!


No comments:

Post a Comment