Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Jace Tanner DeCoria

My pregnancy went really well with baby number three. No problems or issues. Landen arrived two weeks early on his own so I was sort of expecting the same thing this time around. Which was a mistake, because that did NOT happen. At 38 weeks I was dialated to a 3, at 39 weeks at a 4, and I figured this boy would come on his own anytime. But he had other ideas so I ended up scheduling to be induced on the 18th just two days shy of my due date. This was my first induction, and I gotta say it was kind of nice! Marshall had been insanely busy at work and one if our employees up and quit on us, so to be able to schedule a time on the weekend when Marshall was already off was really nice! It was also amazing to finally have a baby during the day instead if middle of the night!

We arrived at the hospital at 830 in the morning and ended up hanging out and waiting for a little while. They hooked me up for a bit to monitor the baby and around 1030 finally got things started by giving me pitocin and then broke my water. For the first hour on pitocin it didn't really do much. I just has random contractions that weren't the least bit painful. Marshall left to eat lunch before things got crazy and my parents stayed and kept me company. About 1130 the nurse informed me that if I wanted an epidural at any time then it would be about a half hour out when I did ask for it because the anesthesiologist was in a surgery. I decided to go ahead and request it so I could get it before the real pain started. Right after requesting it the contractions started hitting me super close together and they instantly got super painful. The half hour wait ended up being an hour and a half wait so I unfortunately did not get the epidural before feeling quite a lot of pain. After finally getting the epidural the nurse checked me and I was at a 9.5 and informed me that I was pretty close to being too late for the epidural. I was relieved I got it when I did! They had me push through 2 contractions because the baby was turned the wrong way. After those contractions he was turned the right way, I pushed through one more contraction and baby Jace was here! It all went super fast which was really nice! He weighed a whopping 8 lbs 10 ounces and was 21 inches long. We all couldn't believe I was carrying such a big baby! He has been the sweetest and best baby and such a blessing in our family. We all just love him to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment