Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Party

When I first started thinking about planning a party for Landen, I was only going to do a small get together and just do cake and ice cream. Enter Pinterest. I started just browsing ideas for birthday parties and I just got so excited to plan something bigger. I had SO much fun planning and putting it all together and even told Marshall that I could totally be a party planner and I would love every minute. I didn't want a character type party because c'mon, the boy is only one and he has no favorite characters at this point. I saw a few ideas for rainbow/primary color parties and I thought it would be perfect for a first birthday, so I went with it. I didn't want it to be too girly so I omitted the purple. Overall I think things went good, there are things I would change or do differently, but overall I was happy with how it turned out.





I really thought Landen would get into his smash cake, but he was very calm and relaxed about it and just took tiny little bites.



A few times he went in face first to have a little taste. And he kept wanting to share bites with anyone that was standing nearby. But he really didn't end up making too big of a mess.





He got a quick bath in the sink after cake so that he could go back to partying



Landen loves his Grandpas, so it was fitting that he spent a lot of his party hanging out with my Dad. He even opened presents with Grandpa.






He had fun playing with friends and cousins and we loved having so many people to celebrate with. 

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Tasha! I wish you lived closer so you could help me with Lydia's bday party coming up... You're such a good Mom and Landen's such an adorable little boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel you are so sweet! And I would totally help plan your kids parties, you just gotta move closer! ;-)

      Delete