Thursday, June 6, 2013

Let's Be Real For a Minute

I don't love posting about things that are difficult for me. I like to keep things pretty upbeat and happy around here. But I don't want to put up a front and act like life is perfect either. I feel like when people do that they aren't being honest, and I want to be honest. I don't like when people pretend like nothing ever goes wrong in their life or they never have hard days. Or that they have a perfect marriage and perfect kids. We all have struggles. Nobody's life is perfect.

I have struggled lately with how people perceive me. What people think of me. How they judge me. What people say about me when I'm not around. I would love to say that I don't care what others think, but I do. We all want acceptance, friendship and love. I have realized that no matter how I live my life or who I surround myself with SOMEONE will ALWAYS judge me or think negatively of me. This was a hard realization for me. I don't want anyone to think negatively of me. I try so hard to be a good person, mom, wife, friend, etc and to realize that people won't like me regardless is sad. I spent a lot of time on me knees on this subject and was so comforted to receive an answer one night after a rough day with lots of tears. Prove them wrong. That's the answer I got. Prove them wrong. It was reiterated the following day while chatting with a friend. Prove them wrong.

So I'm setting out to do this. I am a good person. I will prove those who think otherwise wrong.

And to those who are constantly thinking negatively, judging poorly, and talking about others when they are not around, we are all human, we all have feelings. Nobody should be judged unfairly, or talked bad about. So stop. This is something I need to work on also, we all do. So please, coming from someone who has been judged unfairly, please stop. Stop before gossiping. Stop before judging, and thinking or saying negative things about people. It hurts. And nobody deserves that. Just stop.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry:( Good for you stating what you truly are...a GOOD person because you ARE!!

    ReplyDelete